Join our friendly and knowledgeable staff!
Join the Friendly Pets Team!
JOB TITLE: Sales and Nutrition Specialist
REPORTS TO: Owner and Store Manager
LOCATION: Friend-Lee Pets , 40 Concord Rd, Lee NH
COMMITMENT: 24-40 hours per week. Night and Weekend availability
SUMMARY: Candidate must excel in customer service and sales. Maintain appearance of our store and must follow all policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- Pet retail experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well in group settings
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Capable of providing an exceptional customer experience with knowledge and enthusiasm to inform customers on pet care and products
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Capable of working independently, following direction and working with others.
- Capable of using a POS system to complete daily sales transactions with accuracy and integrity
- Strong computer skills
- Strong Interpersonal Communication
- Provide exceptional customer service and be willing to help all customers with any of their pet care questions or needs
- Have a desire learn about pet products, nutrition, and behavior and use this information to improve customer service skills
- Available to work evening and weekend hours
- Must be dependable, punctual, and have reliable transportation
- Answer the phone in a timely and professional manner
- Aid customers with their needs and/or special orders on the phone or in store
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, reach, push, pull, or walk for various lengths of time throughout the day
- Lift up to 50 lbs and assist customers to the register and/or to their car with products if needed
- Accomplish duties related to replenishing store merchandise, including receiving items, pricing, and maintaining product and overall appearance
- Complete daily cleaning as well as store opening/closing procedures
- Maintain a cleanly store appearance and motto “If it can be seen it needs to be clean” This includes clean-up of any accidents from customer or store pets
- Follow all store procedures related to using the POS for sales
- Notifying the Owner or Manger immediately of any emergency situation
- Clean and maintain the Self-Serve Dog Wash after each use
- Clean, organize, and work all stockroom spaces
- Owner or manager may assign additional responsibilities
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: This document is not a fully detailed description of all the work requirements for the position. These statements include the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Management may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Friend-Lee Pets is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Please send all resumes to